Sunday, February 22, 2009

"But Paul, we're having your favorite, breakfast for dinner!"



This week's "theme" is teenage pregnancy, which meant that we had to watch the contemporary classic Juno, a movie about adoption, orange Tic Tacs, and tiny yellow running shorts.  I thought in honor of the movie, I'd post some of favorite quotes (I know, I know, my last post was about quotes, but they're easy and I'm feeling lazy.)

Juno's Dad: Liberty Bell, if you put one more Baco on that potato, I'm gonna kick your little monkey butt.

Juno: Who's ready for some chromo magnificence?
Girl lab partner: Yeah, I have a menstrual headache.  So I can't really look at bright lights today.
Guy lab partner: Amanda, I told you to go to the infirmary and lie down.  You never listen!
Girl: No, Josh.  Because I don't take orders.  Not from you and not from any man.
Guy: You know you've been acting like this ever since I got back from visiting my brother in Mankato...I already told you nothing happened.
Paulie: Well I'm going to set up the apparatus.  Um, Juno would you like to plug in the Bunsen burner?
Juno: It's my pleasure.
Girl: I'm going to the infirmary.
Guy: Good.  Call me when you get off the rag!
Girl: Fine!  Call me when you learn how to love someone instead of cheat at your brother's college.  Just because you had four Smirnoff ices and a bottle of snow peak peach flavored Boones.
Guy: Good, Amanda.  I'll be sure to do that.  I'll make a note of it!

Juno's Dad: What's that thing?
Vanessa: It's a Pilates machine.
Dad: What do you make with it?
Vanessa: Oh you don't make anything with it, its for exercise.
Dad: Oh.  My wife ordered one of those Tony Little Gazelles off the television...I don't know about that guy.  He doesn't look right.

Juno: I could so go for a huge cookie right now, with like, a lamb kabob simultaneously.

Juno: He said her house smells like soup.
Leah: Oh my god it does!  I was there like four years ago for her birthday party.  It's like Lipton landing!

Juno's Dad: Are you having boy troubles?  Because I gotta be honest with you; I don't much approve of dating in your condition, 'cause well... that's kind of messed up.
Juno: Dad, no!
Dad: Well, it's kind of skanky.  Isn't that what you girls call it?  Skanky?  Skeevy?
Juno: Please stop.
Dad: Tore up from the floor up?
Juno: That's not what it's about.  I just need to know that it's possible that two people can stay happy together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment