Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Go Forth and Read! But first...

(This is how I feel now.  Except my abs are not as well defined...)

I can honestly say I've never read this many books in this short amount of time.  Here are my picks and pans:

Thumbs Up:
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
Maus II by Art Spiegelman
The City of Ember by Jeanne Duprau
Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
Looking for Alaska by John Green
The First Part Last by Angela Johnson
American Born Chinese by Gene Leun Yang
Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
Sold by Sharon Draper

"Meh":
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
The Misfits by James Howe
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
The Astonishing Adventures of Fanboy and Goth Girl by Barry Lyga
The Skin I'm In by Sharon Flake
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Uglies by Scott Westerfield
The Radioactive Boy Scout by Ken Silverstein

Thumbs Down:
Tyrell by Coe Booth
Gender Blender by Blake Nelson
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete