Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Burnin' Up


As promised, your Jonas Brother's post...

So I've heard a lot about the Jonas Brothers lately.  Apparently they're big teen sensations.  So I thought, how fitting would it be to review their CD on this blog, the melting pot for all things teen?  First, some boy band personal history.

I first CD I ever purchased with my own money was Hanson's Middle of Nowhere, which, I found out after a quick Wikipedia search, came out in 1997.  I was 11 and I was in love with these long-haired boys that looked like girls and sang songs with titles like "MmmBop."  I memorized the words to all the songs, and in fact I still remember most of them.  

As I got older I moved on from Hanson to older, "edgier" boy bands.  Backstreet Boys were acceptable, but I loved N'Sync.  JC Chasez could sing ridiculous pop lyrics to me all day.  

98 Degrees were good too, especially since one of the members attended my middle school and carved his name into the desk (according to middle school lore).  There were a lot of throw away bands during this period, but those three bands made up my trinity of music icons.

Now I've grown up and my musical tastes have turned elsewhere, but I still have a special place in my heart for sugary pop songs.  And I was not disappointed in the Jonas Brothers.

"Burnin Up" is by far my favorite song.  Not familiar with it?  Well, it's my pleasure to introduce you:   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z1kSdk7y1A 

 (sorry I couldn't figure out how to embed it!  You might have to copy and paste)

"Lovebug" is another favorite of mine.  Overall, although I don't think I could listen to the CD more than a few times, it's actually pretty catchy and cool.  Way better than Miley Cyrus, by the way.  Maybe not as classic as "MmmBop," but it'll do. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment